Saturday, August 22, 2015

Meet Grey Agenda Star Kasey Darlene

Actress:  Kasey Darlene plays Katie in Slo Rowe Entertainment's upcoming film Grey Agenda

How did you get involved with Grey Agenda?
Kasey Darlene- I found the casting online in a couple different places and decided to audition. I have been a ballet dancer since I was three years old, but I wanted to get involved in some more film acting.

Tell us about your character in Grey Agenda
KD-I see Katie as being kind of a sporty, all-American social butterfly. She also has an authoritative side that I (Kasey) haven't really had up until this point.

 How does Grey Agenda relate to other projects you have worked on?
KD- My role in Grey Agenda was my first speaking role when it comes to acting so it was very exciting for me! There is some acting involved in ballet, but it's not quite like film acting.
Kasey's first day on the set of Grey Agenda


Really, first speaking role? How did you prepare for that?
KD- My dance partner who is also my best friend has done some acting and was so kind to help me with my audition script! Other than that, just plain old practice. 
 
Grey Agenda has a seasoned cast and crew,  did they give you a hard time about being a newbie? 
KD-No. Which was very kind of them. =)

What did you learn working on Grey Agenda?
KD-How detailed movie making can be. It's almost as detailed as ballet... almost... haha! Just kidding. Kind of. I also grew tremendously as an actress. My character was a stretch for me at times.

What did you expected your time on set to be like going in, what was it like in reality? 
KD-I knew that it would be a pretty detailed job, but there were so many details that I just didn't think about until I got on set. Example: I am portraying a sporty character so I need to make sure I am not carrying myself like a ballerina princess... and that I don't mess with my hair too much so that it looks the same in every take. I also started with one of the most emotional scenes so I left the set feeling unusually emotionally tired.

What was your most memorable moment on the set of Grey Agenda?
KD-I guess I would have to say the first day. I just learned a lot about what it was like to have an important role on set and it was just a fun experience! 
Kasey and Andrew Sather are watching the blocking for the scene


Grey Agenda is about Aliens, do you believe in Aliens?
KD-No, sorry. =)

O.K. SO you are driving down the road and a UFO lands in front of you, what do you do?
KD-Pinch myself. Pray.

 What are you working on next?
KD-I have been doing a little bit of modeling and I am always dancing! In terms of acting, we'll just have to wait and see!

People leaving the theater after watching Grey Agenda will say? 
KD-I'm going to be the artistic, open-minded person who says that it all depends on perspective. But I do think that Grey Agenda is going to be an entertaining movie for sure though that will keep us all on the edges of our seats. Especially me! We have been working on this so long and I am just so eager to see the finished product!
Kasey wathcing Chris Andrews and Terry VanderHayden set up the scene



You can find Kasey on the web at:

No comments:

Post a Comment